Official bulletin from Wikimedia Italia Association.
Happy New Year to all our volunteers, members and donors!
Wikimedia Italia attends the presentation of Dai una voce alla democrazia
Dai una voce alla democrazia (Give voice to democracy) is born. The initiative is a digital literacy project developed in the context of 2013 edition of Biennale Democrazia, with the collaboration of Nexa Center, Wikimedia Italy and Centro Servizi Piemonte; it is aimed at students who, together with their teachers, are invited to choose an article of Wikipedia related to the concepts of utopia, participation and civil society, and to develop it. The staff of Wikimedia Italia will take part in the public presentation of the initiative, which will be held on Thursday, January 17, 2013 from 14:30 to 17:30 at Avogadro Institute in Turin. In addition, they will support the classes throughout the creation process. Participation to the initiative is still open: the classes can register to the project until 31 January 2013.
Videos of Wikimania 2012 talks are online
Videos of the talks from members of Wikimedia Italia at Wikimania 2012 are now online.
- In session "GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums)": The Power of Wikipedia: Legitimacy and Territorial Control (Iolanda Pensa from min. 43:00). Link to video.
- In session "Wikis and the Public sector": The 2011 Italian Wikipedia Blackout (Niccolò Caranti from min. 0:00, Luca Martinelli from min. 5:00, Lorenzo Losa from min. 11:00). Link to video.
- In session "WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education": What we've done, what we could do better (Andrea Zanni from min. 0:00). Link to video.
- In session "Technology and Infrastructure": Wikicaptcha: a re-captcha-like solution for WikiSource (Cristian Consonni from min. 0:58). Link to video.
News in brief
(Note: in this translated version only the news regarding Italy are shown)
- Michela Ferron, member of the research group on social networking at Fondazione Bruno Kessler in Trento, wrote a doctoral dissertation about Wikipedia as an element of collective recollection, especially in the case of traumatic events. Read abstract and dissertation.
- The list of most viewed articles on Wikipedia 2012 in the various editions was issued. For the Italian language Wikipedia, the article most viewed has beed Grey's Anatomy, followed by Italia and Roma.
- Last December 30, element no. 2.000.000 has been published on Wikidata. It is about Stasina Americana, a species of huntsman spider. In the meantime, Sven Manguard published a guide about how to contribute to Wikidata; a wikidatian has prepared an Italian version.
Notice: this newsletter is exclusively intended for information about Wikimedia Italia, both to its members and to the general public; as per Art. 1, Comma 2, Legge 7 marzo 2001 no. 62, it is not an editorial product